Thursday, December 31, 2015

EXCLUSIVE Musician Spotlight: Singer/Songwriter Brennley Brown

From the state of California comes a talented, beautiful thirteen year old singer, songwriter by the name of Brennley Brown. She hopes to share her music with the world... Beautiful story telling while singing about "real life experiences" is what drew Brennley to country music.

Brennley believes music is the universal language of the world!  She's excited to share her music with ya'll.

Although music is Brennley passion, her faith and family come first and she believes that all good things come from above. Psalm 104:33.

We recently had the opportunity to interview this down to earth thirteen year old singer about her music to is education important and more. Here is what she had to say to our founder/editor David Mills.

When did you start singing?
I started singing when I was about 6 yrs old.

Was it your dream to be a singer?
Honestly, I've always dreamed of being a singer. Since I was very very little.

Tell us about your style of singing?

My style of singing is Country/pop/soul.

Are there challenges pursuing a singing career and being a normal young lady?
Yes there are definitely challenges. Such as, I have to travel a lot with singing at different venues and events while also trying to keep a high GPA average at school. With music being my passion maintaining this balance is not a burden. Keeping my skill level up, most of my spare time goes to preparing, rehearsing, and coaching. Balance is key (:

Do your parents and friends support you?
Yes, My parents and friends are huge supporters. This dream would be impossible to pursue without them.

Do you write your own songs?
I do write my own music.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
I'd say if you want to write a great song it needs to be relatable to your audience and it has to have the ability to move them emotionally. Weather that be making them happy, joyful, maybe bringing back a memory. That's what I aim for as a songwriter.

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
When I was 10 yrs old my first performance was singing the National anthem (by myself) to a sold out crowd of 29,000 people at The US Open held at The Arthur Ashe Stadium in NYC.  I remember feeling a little nervous but more excited than nervous.

How do you prepare your voice for a performance?
I prepare my voice for a performance by warming up my voice for about 45min and drinking lots of water w/ honey and lemon with an occasional organic honey lemon cough drop. When I don't have any of that with me I eat some potato chips. Something about the oil in the chips helps (:

If I went to one of your concerts, what can fans and I expect?
If you went to one of my concerts you and fans would expect to first and foremost have ALOT of fun! There would be dancing, and high energy, you would not only enjoy my own music but some classic covers that are fun to sing and dance along with. I would also bring people up to sing with me. I would hope you would leave feeling energized and encouraged.

Where have you been able to perform?
I've been able to perform in the east coast, west coast, and in between. My two favorite places to play were New York and Nashville.

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
Carrie Underwood, Demi Lavoto, Natalie Grant, Alison Krauss, and many more inspire me everyday with my singing/songwriting.

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and with who/ why?
If I could perform anywhere in the world it would probably be at The Grand Ole Opry because its stage has graced many legends. I would love to sing with Dolly Parton there.

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
I hope to accomplish many things but most importantly I want to use my gift to inspire, encourage, and create change for the good and I hope to always share my faith through my music.

What three words best describe you and your music?
3 words that describe my music are encouraging, moving, and real.

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
My advice for anyone wanting to be a singer/songwriter is to never give up hope. Even on the days it seems not fathomable continue to work towards your goals because at least with trying you'll never wonder what could've happened.  Always  Believe in yourself.

Do you have any other talents?
Yes, I'm also a voiceover actor. I'm currently the singing/speaking voice of "Lilly" on Disney Channels "Sofia the First" along with a few other characters.

Are you passionate about any charities, if so, why?
Yes I am very passionate about charities. I donate much of my time singing and serving at various missions and for battered woman and children's shelters. I'm also a hung advocate for Lyme Disease awareness as I have a family member who struggles desperately with the disease. This is the best way I feel my gift can be  utilized.

Is education important to you?
My education is extremely important to me. I work very hard maintaining a 4.0 GPA while pursuing my dreams. Knowledge is key and my education will always be a priority.

Thank you to Brennley for answering our questions on her music, education and more.

You can follow her on Twitter by clicking here, Facebook here, find more information about her here.

Below are videos showing off her singing skills, take a listen.
Brennley Brown Live in Concert at The Whisky Barrel singing an Original song "Symphony Hearts"11-15-15.Written by Brennley Brown and Cozi Zuehlsdorf.

No comments:

Post a Comment