Friday, November 20, 2015

EXCLUSIVE Actor Spotlight: Jessica Belkin of 'American Horror Story'

Photo Credit: KarinaPhotography
From Los Angeles, California area comes a beautiful, talented thirteen year old American actress by the name of Jessica Belkin. Jessica has starred in several movies and TV series over the years. Currently, she stars in 'American Horror Story' as Wren and recently 'Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn' as Madison.

We recently interviewed this busy young actress about her acting career, is education important and how she spends her free time among others. Below is what she had to say.

When did you start acting?
I started acting when I was 5. My career began with musical theater.

Was it your dream to be an actress?
Definitely! Since I was a kid I’ve always wanted to play pretend. Now I do that for my job.

Are there challenges pursuing an acting career?
There is always going to be bumps on the road. But with the support from my family, team and fans, I’ll do my best to reach my goal of becoming a professional actress.

Do you remember your first acting job, tell us about it?
My first job was a commercial for Aflac. I was 5 at the time. I got to wear a pink onesie and play games. It was definitely an experience to never forget.

You play Vampire Girl Wren in the FX series 'American Horror Story' and been in a few episodes of 'Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn'. Tell us about your characters?
Wren has been through a lot in her child hood. Than she was turned to vampire and even murderer but she’s really just a lost girl. This is a drama of a split character.

Obviously Nickelodeon’s 'Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn’ is a completely different genre. Madison is the Regina George of the show. She likes to one-up people. She wants always to look better than anybody else but does not keep fair play rules. Playing Madison is a great fun. I’m a nice person and it’s interesting and challenging being so mean truthfully on the screen.

Are your cast members easy to work with?
All the people, whom I worked with, were so professional and dedicated to their business, it was pleasure and inspiration to be in such team.

What do fans have to look forward to in future episodes of 'American Horror Story'?
Fans can look forward to seeing flashbacks with Wren. They also get to discover who the Ten Commandments killer is and more about the history and background of the hotel and the Countess. You all are welcome to check-in into Hotel Cortez!

How does the cast get ready for scenes?
Everyone has their one unique ways of getting into character and getting ready for the scene. I see a lot of actors listening to a specific style of music. I like to sit down, run my lines and do some breathing techniques until I switched to my character.
Photo Credit: Jessica's Instagram

Will you be in any future episodes of 'Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn'?
I can’t say if Madison is returning to NRDD yet but hopefully she does. The cast is such a blast!

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in acting?
Bring a piece of yourself in every audition you go in and every role you play; get something to spice up your character, make him/her unique.

What do you hope your fans can take away from your acting?
To be honest, all I ever hope is that they enjoy it. Whatever they take away from my acting is amazing but knowing that someone pays attention to my work is the best feeling in the world.

It's hard to find free time while busy on projects. When you do, how do you spend it?
I love singing and playing instruments. I’ve been singing since I was 6 and playing the piano since I was 5. I play piano, guitar and ukulele. I also like to record videos of myself singing. So, even when I’m off set, I still manage to find myself in front of camera.

Does your family and friends support you?
100% Yes! They have been supporting me since day 1. I’m so thankful for all of them. I’m also so grateful to have such amazing fans, they rock! But my mom and dad have been the biggest supporters ever!

Who inspires you with your acting?
Each member of the casts, I’ve worked with, gave me something. They all are striving toward the same goal. It’s calming to know there are people with the same dream.

What do you hope to accomplish with your acting?
I wish to win all of the possible nominations: Oscar, Emmy, Grammy, AMA, TCA etc. But the biggest goal is to be able to do what I love the most – to be a performer. I wish to make the world laugh and cry, been confused and terrified with my craft.

Photo Credit: Jessica's Instagram
Is it hard for you to remember your lines? How do you remember them?
First of all I need to understand the role’s character than it’ll be easier to speak on behalf of it. I like to repeat the lines over and over again with different emotions. It helps me to memorize them and to choose the right mood of the scene.

Are you passionate about any charities, if so, why?
I believe in magical power of music and doing my best to bring it to whom that needs it the most. I perform with volunteers’ band in hospitals, convalescence centers, and nursing facilities.

Is education important to you?
Absolutely. I'm very curious. And the world is so wonderful.

Do you have any other talents?
I think my best talent after my profession is my ability to befriend people.

We want to thank Jessica for taken the time to answer our questions about her career and more. Can't wait to see where her acting career will take her. Please follow Jessica on Twitter by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment