Monday, August 24, 2015

Bindi Irwin Announced As First 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant

New York City, New York - Seventeen year old Bindi Irwin, daughter of Steve Irwin was announced today, Monday, August 24th, 2015 on 'Good Morning America' as the first contestant on ABC's 'Dancing With The Stars' returning September 14th, 2015.

Bindi Sue Irwin is an Australian actress, television presenter, and daughter of The Crocodile Hunter star Steve Irwin and Terri Irwin.

Bindi states to 'Good Morning America', "This is completely different to anything I have ever done in my life," said Irwin, who described herself as "honored" to compete on the show. "I am used to wrangling crocodiles."

"I actually just got back from our annual crocodile research trip," she said. "About four days ago I
was in far north Queensland catching crocs and now here I am in New York City, about to be in LA."

"I’m quite nervous about this," Irwin said of taking a spin on "Dancing." "I have to tell you though, the judges scare me more than crocodiles."

"They are so knowledgeable. They’re supreme athletes," she said. "I’m just this girl from Australia who’s used to crocs so give me a 15-foot crocodile any day."

"It’s all about having the courage and strength and, for me, it is something completely different but I hope that I am able to inspire others in their own lives to seize opportunity and to make a difference and just jump, take that leap, even if it terrifies you,"

"I just hope my dance partner, whoever it is, is very patient and likes animals, because you never know what I’m going to bring to rehearsal,"

"I’m used to khaki and boots and I think it will always be a part of my life," Irwin said of her zoo-friendly attire. "We always say khaki is not just a color it’s an attitude. It’s a part of who we here."

"You can’t climb a tree or wrangle a snake in a dress very easily so this is completely different," Bindi states to 'Good Morning America".

Bindi tweets, "I feel truly blessed to be embarking on this brand new journey with @DancingABC and can't wait to learn & grow and share it with you x".

Tune in at 8pm ET/PT on Monday, September 14th, 2015 to see this seventeen year old complete on latest season of 'Dancing With The Stars'

We're excited to hear that Bindi will be completing on 'Dancing With The Stars'. Congratulations Bindi and best of luck.

Photos are credited to ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment