Thursday, September 18, 2014

EXCLUSIVE Actor Spotlight: Rowan Blanchard from Girl Meets World

From the city of Los Angeles, California comes an adorable, twelve year old actress by the name of Rowan Blanchard. Rowan got her start in the acting industry by playing Caitlin in the TV series 'Dance-A-Lot Robot'. Now, she stars as Cory (Ben Savage) and  Topanga Matthews's (Danielle Fishel) daughter Riley Matthews in the Disney Channel series 'Girl Meets World', a spin-off from 'Boy Meets World'.

Rowan who plays Riley Matthews in 'Girl Meets World' faces life lessons through her parents, friends and school. Her best friend in this series is Maya Hart played by Sabrina Carpenter. 'Girl Meets World' airs Friday nights at 8:30pm ET/PT.

We were honored to be able to interview this up and coming adorable actress. Here is what she had to say.

When did you start acting?
I just turned six, it was an advil commercial

Was it your dream to be an actress? 
My dream was to be many things, an actress was one of them.

Are there challenges pursuing a acting career?
Yes, you have to be able to accept rejection but also to stay persistent

You play Riley Matthews on the Disney Channel series 'Girl Meets World' tell us about your character?
She is fiercely loyal, quirky, and loves her family so much  Her friends mean a lot to her and there isn't much she wouldn't do for them. She also loves school.

Are you like your character on 'Girl Meets World' in real life?
Yes, very much so.

How did you find out about casting for 'Girl Meets World'?
My manager brought it to my attention

Do you ever watch episodes of 'Girl Meets World'?
Every Friday night!

If so, is it weird seeing yourself on TV? 
It's surreal.  It is as if I am watching someone else

What does the cast do to get ready for scenes?
We rehearse all week.

Besides 'Girl Meets World', are you working on any new projects?
Girl Meets World is keeping me pretty busy.  I did a short film called "Raising Hope" that my dad directed.

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in acting?
Stay with your dream but also have other dreams.

What do you hope your fans can take away from your acting? That I am having fun and I love what I do.

It's hard to find free time while busy on projects. When you do have free time, how do you spend it? 
I try to find free time wherever I can.  I like to bake, read, spend time with my sister or my best friends. Do typical kid things, like the mall or movies.

Do you have family and friends that supports your acting?
They all do. I am very lucky.

Who inspires you with your acting? 
My whole family.  My dad is my acting coach so he really does.

What do you hope to accomplish with your acting? 
 Just to grow as an actor and have my character take on deeper subjects

Is it hard for you to remember your lines? How do you remember them?
No, it isn't. I've been doing it long enough that it comes naturally. My dad helps me run lines at night

Are you passionate about any charities, if so, why?
Yes, there are a few charities I like. One in particular is the Sam Vance Foundation. They work on keeping young adults off drugs.

Is education important to you?
I would say education is actually the most important thing to me.  I always want to be learning. Having my brain challenged in any way possible.  College is definitely a plan in my future!

Do you have any other talents?
I love to bake. I just took up rock climbing (right now it's at a rock climbing gym), and I love to SING!

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about yourself and your acting?  
Hopefully that they enjoy Riley and fall in love with her just as much as I have.

You can follow Rowan on Twitter by clicking here and don't forget to watch her Friday nights in the Disney Channel series ' Girl Meets World'.

No comments:

Post a Comment