Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ariana Grande Covers 'Cosmopolitan' February 2014 Issue

Twenty year old singer/actress Ariana Grande looks great in a sexy blue cut out dress as she covers the February cover of Cosmopolitan.

On being a positive role model: “I think I’m an old soul. What excites younger people doesn’t excite me… I’m kind of a boring, normal girl who likes Harry Potter and to sit in her pajamas and sing. A lot of my friends are partiers, but I’ve never really clicked with that. I like Barbra Streisand, and when was the last time you saw Babs getting, like, turnt up? That’s kind of the road that I, as a lady, would like to go down."

On dealing with her Twitter haters: "Oh, they’re evil as hell! I don’t even block them anymore, because I feel like it’s giving them negativity in return. So I just let it happen and forgive them and move on. Those people are fighting their own battles."

On her first date with Nathan Sykes, the youngest member of British boy band The Wanted: "“We were going back to his hotel to watch a movie, and he had LadurĂ©e macarons and sunflowers waiting—I love Parisian baked goods, and sunflowers are my favorite flower. He had taken the DVD player out of the bedroom and into the living room, because he said he didn’t want to take me into the bedroom on the first date.”

Still, when your life moves as fast as Grande's does right now, nothing's guaranteed (except that whatever happens will be fodder for another hit song). Maybe that's one reason she remains wary of going too public with her relationships. "Sometimes people get too fixated on what people are going to say," she says, recalling the grief she got when she Instagrammed a friendly kiss from former tourmate Justin Bieber. "At the end of the day, you're in a relationship because you love that person, not because of what other people think."

On making a name for herself in the music industry: “I never really expected to be taken seriously as an artist, and it’s just been the ultimate, proudest achievement. I’ve dealt with a lot of people not knowing what to expect from me because of my age and my personality. People often mistake my kindness for weakness, and they didn’t expect much from me, because at the end of the day, I’m just a nice Italian girl from Boca."

For all of Ariana Grande's exclusive interview and fashion shoot with Cosmopolitan, pick up the new issue on newsstands January 7th.

Ariana Grande-Butera, known professionally as Ariana Grande, is an American actress, singer, and songwriter. Ariana grew up in Boca Raton, Florida where she attended North Broward Preparatory School.

Photos Credit: Matt Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment